Friday, July 4

Phil's Kersey

Our friend Phil's family hails from Kersey in Suffolk, which was once famous for the large number of homes painted pink. We were in the area and decided to drop by. That's the main road to Kersey below. It is about 10' wide. The hedge rows were about that in height. We did find a few pink houses, but it seems a lot of the homes were recently painted in more vivid colors. Kersey probably was the most colorful small place we came across. And this place was small, with not much more than a pub on the main street.





5 comments:

verte campagne said...

I discovered your blog by chance.
Thank you for all this beautiful pictures. For long, I have dreamed of england and its gardens. Life has passed. You help me to take a decision : next year, I'll go.It's high time now for me to live my dreams.
I'm a little curious, could you please tell me a little more about you and this marvellous trip.
I enjoyed it so much.

amba said...

These photos are so fantastic. They have succeeded in making me homesick for places I've never been.

amba said...

When I get back this afternoon, I'm gonna link.

Randy said...

V.C: Sorry about the delayed response. Glad you liked the blog and hope you do go. Try to get a copy of The Good Hotel Guide and The Good Pub Guide before you go. Both are reliable, up-to-date, and (most important) genuinely independent, accepting no money from the places listed. Altogether, we spent a month in Britain and two days in Paris.

As to who we are, I am 50+ and my mom is in her mid-seventies. This was her trip and I was the lucky one to accompany her. She spent the prior year recovering the ability to walk after being stricken with Guillain-Barré Syndrome, thus the concern about accessibility occasionally mentioned here.

Randy said...

Thanks, amba! I haven't said much here - mostly pictures. That might be a good thing, I imagine ;-) Anyway, I have a couple more posts to add (food and flowers), and then this will be done.